Red Cross Lifeguarding
The American Red Cross Lifeguard training and certification are imperative to the process of getting hired on as a official Red Cross Lifeguard. Our detailed training includes both testing of hands on skills as well as comprehension on written tests. The certification, which includes First Aid, CPR and AED training is valid for 2 years and is accepted nationwide.
The American Red Cross is the most respected source for training and certification of this kind.
• Must be at least 15 years old on or before the last day of class
• Students must pass a pre-course swimming skills test prior to taking the lifeguarding courses.
• Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
• Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds
• Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
• Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
• Surface and swim 20 yards on back with both hands holding object
• Exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Class fees: $200.00
Time & Date:
Session I: January 17 - 19
Session II: February 21 - 23
Session III: March 20 - 22
Session IV: April 17 - 19
Session V: May 22 - 24
Sessions will take place Friday 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
For more information please contact Aaron Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org or (325) 655-9106.